Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced School Secretary / Headteacher’s PA to join an outstanding, independent school in Camden. The school offers education to boys aged 4 to 13 and received an excellent outcome in their 2016 inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate. The successful School Secretary / Headteacher’s PA will join the school from September 2018 on a part-time, long-term basis for a minimum of 1 term initially with the potential to be extended. The School Secretary / Headteacher’s PA salary will be based on the level of experience of the successful candidate ranging from £22,000 - £40,000 (pro-rata).
About the Role
- Sharing the below duties and overseeing the other school secretary
- School Secretary / Headteacher’s PA role with office management duties
- Record and manage absences and registers using iSAMS (experience with this program not essential)
- Answer phones and emails and handle queries
- Distribute incoming post and mail outgoing post
- Deal with injuries/first aid
- Manage admissions – arrange appointments, keep database of prospective pupils and input data on them
- Diary management
- PA to head – manage their diary as well
- Recording notes of meetings between parents and head
- Update website weekly
- Act as point of reference for current applicants
- Collecting and managing teacher risk assessments
- Assist visitors and deliveries
- Events organisation
- 35 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Salary dependent on experience ranging between £22,000 - £40,000 (pro-rata)
About the School
- Independent all boys Prep School based in Camden (NW3)
- Smaller than average sized school with around 170 pupils overall
- Welcoming and friendly community feel
- Well-mannered students aged 4 – 13 years
- Central location with convenient transport links
- Strong and supportive leadership team
In order to be considered for this role, the School Secretary / Headteacher’s PA will need to meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of secretarial duties within a school environment (preferred but not essential)
- GCSE Grades A – C (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- ICT literate
- Enjoy working with children
- A high degree of personal and interpersonal skills showing initiative, flexibility, confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number BXB23813.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.