Kensington Wade, a newly established dual language English-Chinese school in Kensington, London, will open its doors to nursery children in April 2017 and start admitting reception class children in September 2017.
The school is looking for an English mother tongue secretary to start possibly in February 2017, who will provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support and be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day organisation and maintenance of the school office and its procedures.
- Ensure the provision of an effective office as the school’s main public front.
- Ensure front line enquiries from staff and parents are dealt with promptly.
- Ensure all pupil records and documents are properly maintained and filed.
- Manage files and records of the school.
- Type school correspondence and other documents as requested.
- Administer the school’s admissions procedures by giving advice to parents and members of the public on admission criteria and collect applications for admission.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the post that may reasonably be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A very high standard of English.
- Previous administrative experience.
- Ability to carry out general office duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and on the phone.
- Ability to build and maintain an effective working relationship with colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise and to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Ability to use computer systems to an advanced level.
- Diplomatic approach when dealing with difficult situations.
- Cultural awareness and sensibility.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters.
- Willingness to seek ways of improving the service that the school offers.
- Experience of the Independent School system could be an advantage but is not necessary.
Please complete the attached application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the names and contact numbers of two referees, who will not be contacted before interview, together with a brief covering letter stating why you think you would suit the position.
Closing date: 1st December 2016