Sawtry Junior Academy
Tel: 01487 830204
Number on Roll: 257
Principal: Mrs S Flack
SITE OFFICER REQUIRED
Salary: Level 4, Scale 2: £18,933 - £19,312 FTE
20 hours per week. Job shares considered
Sawtry Junior Academy is seeking a proactive and dedicated Site Officer to join their school for 20 hours per week on a shift rota.
The successful candidate will ensure the security, care, cleanliness and availability of the school building, furniture, fittings and equipment; to ensure a satisfactory physical environment and to promote the efficient use of the school’s assets to support the education objectives of the school.
• Contribution to the preparation of the premises and management of the school day to day maintenance, health and safety across the school, cleaning and janitorial services.
• Property and site management- the monitoring of community use of premises, the management of the maintenance and decoration of buildings and upkeep and appearance of site, the management of site, the management of site security arrangements, a member of the health and safety committee.
• Responsible for ensuring the building and contents are secured. Provision of access to the building (and grounds) to authorised persons at all reasonable times, including for lettings.
• Maintaining constant awareness of the physical condition of the building, furniture and equipment and taking appropriate steps to ensure maintenance and repairs when necessary.
• Carrying out maintenance and repairs to the building, furniture and equipment within the scope of a competent handyperson.
• Operation of the heating and lighting systems; monitoring usage and promoting energy conservation in the school.
• Porterage duties as required and particularly the laying out of the furniture and other equipment for timetabled activities without direct instruction.
• Miscellaneous duties of a practical nature, or at the reasonable request of the Office Manager/Site Manager or Head teacher.
• Monitoring the standards of cleaning of the building.
• Where applicable, carrying out some cleaning work, generally using machinery, as allocated.
Please email the school office for an application pack (email@example.com ) or for more information about the school, please call us on 01487 830204.
Closing date for Applications is noon on 14th May 2021
Interviews will be held during week commencing 24th May 2021
Sawtry Junior Academy is part of the Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT). The Trust exists to provide support, and champion high-quality and dynamic education at the heart of local communities. CMAT currently consists of a range of Primary and Secondary schools: Swavesey Village College, North Cambridge Academy, Ely College, Nene Park Academy, Stamford Welland Academy, Sawtry Village Academy, West Town Primary Academy, Sawtry Junior Academy, Lantern Primary Academy, Dowham Feoffees Primary and Bar Hill Primary. Our vision, mission and values guide and bring together each of the Trust’s academies. These are: The Pursuit of Excellence, Valuing People, Achievement for All, High Quality Learning Environment and Extending the Boundaries of Learning.
We are proud to be part of this vibrant and growing Trust.
Sawtry Junior Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of its pupils and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, all applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sawtry Junior Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 11 years