About the Organisation
School Improvement Liverpool are experts in education, with a firmly established reputation as one of the leading service providers in the North West. We offer schools a superior service, delivering consultancy, training and professional development via our trusted and experienced team, who have proven track records of excellence and credibility. Our aim is to challenge and enable schools and other settings to be the best they can be. We are dedicated to offering outstanding support to ensure every child and young person has the opportunity to develop, learn, achieve and excel.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Schools Finance Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Schools Finance Manager will manage a specialist team and lead on all matters concerning the traded financial support to schools/academies and manage the statutory finance duties for maintained schools in Liverpool. You will be able to lead by example, welcome change, demonstrate resilience and be able to challenge and drive the improvement agenda.
About the Role
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for the management of the Schools Finance team including allocation of work, monitoring of workloads, performance management to ensure effective and efficient delivery of financial management and support to schools and other customer’s.
- Oversee the development of the Schools Finance function as a provider of business and commercial advice to Schools and other customers, thus helping them to make the most efficient use of resources, to make effective decisions and to support them in achieving continuous service improvement and maximise opportunities for income generation.
- Support the Chief Executive to ensure there is close liaison between the Schools Finance team and other Service teams in the provision of financial advice and broader support services.
- Support to Liverpool City Council to ensure that the Schools budget is prepared, the accounts are closed, all relevant returns and grant claims are completed in accordance with the relevant procedures and respective timescales.
- Lead in developing and implementing changes in Liverpool’s approach to its local schools Funding formula taking account of national policy changes, providing reports, financial models and implications of policy options to the city council. Attendance at Liverpool Schools Forum and key sub-groups.
- Oversee delivery of Finance traded services to schools as well as monitoring school’s satisfaction assessments.
Please see attached job description for more information.
- Recognised accounting qualification (eg. CCAB or equivalent).
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Substantial experience in Schools Finance including School Funding formula, Scheme of Delegation to Schools and consultation thereof.
- Substantial; experience of academy funding and accounting procedures.
- Substantial experience in financial administration, particularly Accountancy (including financial appraisals), Financial Planning, External Funding and development of financial Strategies.
- Experience of providing strategic and technical financial advice to an executive level within a highly complex and political organisation.
- Awareness of the political, managerial and financial issues currently facing schools and related education support services.
- Ability to recognise and respond to the wider service issues and objectives which the finance function seeks to support.
- Ability to seek and develop business opportunities and generate additional income.
Please see attached person specification for more information.
How to Apply
Please apply by completing the attached application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the closing date for applications is Friday 22nd June 2018 at 12 noon. Previous applicants need not apply. All successful applicants will be notified by email.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
School Improvement Liverpool Limited
Toxteth Conference Centre
Liverpool L17 7BN
Contact Name: Michele McKittrick
Contact Telephone: 0151 233 3901
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
School Improvement Liverpool
Leadership, Finance & Administration
Job Phase: Cross Phase