Position: Science and HP Secondary Teacher
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2022
Classification: Part Time, Fixed Term Contract (Semester 1)
Hours: 24 hours a week (5 days a week)
Salary Range: $60,377 - $86,957 per annum pending experience
Closing Date: Sunday, 30 January 2022 unless filled prior
Southern Cross Catholic College, Annandale is a co-educational college that offers classes from Prep to Year 12. The college values effort, commitment and support and challenges students to become their best selves. In doing so, a college environment is provided in which students can grow holistically. The college promotes activities, processes and structures that enhance a love of life.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
Southern Cross Catholic College, Annandale is seeking an experienced Science and HP Secondary Teacher to teach Semester 1 of the 2022 teaching year.
It is a requirement of this role that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as a pre-commencement document. DO NOT ATTACH A VACCINATION CERTIFICATE WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need
- To have knowledge of, and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- To be able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community
- To have an understanding of contemporary pedagogy and the ability to differentiate, and provide for, a diverse range of abilities
- To have an ability to collaborate and work positively as part of a professional learning community
- To have a willingness to change and develop instructional strategies to increase student growth and achievement
What we offer
- Competitive Salary range: $60,377 - $86,957 per annum pending experience
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction processes, professional learning programs and Early Career Teacher Support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Firm lifelong teacher networks
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested in hearing from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 30 January 2022 unless filled prior.
View other vacancies here