The Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands invites applications for the following post:
Science and Technology Coach
Salary: CI$49,428 - $66,480
The post holder will be responsible for working with teachers to develop their science subject knowledge, scientific inquiry, ICT/Computing and teaching skills. This primarily involves training and supporting teachers and other personnel within the schools in the planning, delivery and evaluation of science and ICT/Computing lessons.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A Masters degree in Education (MSc/MEd) or evidence of substantial recent and relevant professional development in science and technology education
- At least five years’ experience as a primary teacher with evidence of effective science and technology teaching and the support of colleagues
- Experience of working with teachers in developing their pedagogic and scientific skills
- Experience of teaching science and technology in a way that encourages students to be interactive and inquiry focused problem solvers
- Knowledge of a variety of approaches to teaching science and technology, as well as the barriers to success in these subjects.
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Instructional Coach, Mentor or pedagogic leader would be an advantage.
The Cayman Islands offers one of the highest standards of living in the Caribbean. It is a tax-free jurisdiction, with a friendly welcoming people, combining the very best of the relaxed Caribbean attitude and modern living. Its proximity to Miami also provides easy access to North America and the rest of the Caribbean.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
A detailed Job Description and the Government Application Form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs. Please send your completed Government Application Form and Cover Letter only via e-mail to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 30th May, 2018