The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL) is one of the leading international schools in Kuala Lumpur offering contemporary British international education to students from Pre-Nursery through to Sixth Form.
The school has three visually arresting campuses - Lower, Junior and Secondary - providing a range of excellent learning environments. BSKL has been graded as excellent in all areas of educational provision by the Independent Schools Inspectorate, and is a member of Nord Anglia Education offering numerous opportunities for professional growth.
BSKL seeks an enthusiastic, creative and energetic Assistant Teacher to join a successful and highly acclaimed science department.
The successful candidate will have a passion for science and working with young people. They should demonstrate excellent standards of verbal and written communication themselves, be organised and adaptable to support the changing needs of pupils and be committed to supporting every student to achieve their potential.
Candidates should also work well as part of a team and demonstrate a proactive commitment to the pastoral care and wellbeing of our learners, as well as a willingness to contribute to the thriving extra-curricular life of our school.
At BSKL, our students are motivated, committed and love learning in our state of the art facilities. Our staff are passionate and outstanding teaching professionals, and we are committed to providing excellent and ongoing CPD opportunities.
Suitable candidates for this post:
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Due to visa requirements candidates must be at least 22 years old
- Be able to work under pressure; meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Be able to work both in a team and independently with minimum supervision.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills – be able to interact with students and members of staff at all levels.
- Offer enthusiasm and demonstrate a positive approach to students.
- Be comfortable integrating technology into all teaching practices.
- Understand the value of consistent application of school policies.
We will provide:
- A competitive salary.
- Annual travel allowance.
- International worldwide medical cover.
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
If the opportunity to work in a progressive school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
Applications must be submitted via the BSKL application form or the link below.
The closing date for applications is 3.00 pm on the 6th of April 2018. Skype interviews will be held between the 9th and 13th of April 2018. Early applications are strongly encouraged (we reserve the right to appoint early).
The Nord Anglia Education (NAE) and all NAE schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with current/past employers, and an enhanced DBS.
Please browse our website https://britishschool.edu.my/ to find out more about the school.
The British International School of Kuala Lumpur:
No 1 Changkat Bukit Utama, Bandar Utama,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, 47800 Malaysia
+60 3 7727 7775