The British International School Riyadh (BISR) is an extremely well-regarded not-for-profit, five-campus, co-educational school in the Middle East, catering for students aged 3-18, providing high quality education to the expatriate community since 1979. The school is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and as a British School Overseas (BSO). BISR is also a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) and the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). The school follows the English curriculum, greatly enriched by the local and international context. Learning is holistic, supported by a broad co-curricular programme, encompassing extra-curricular activities, student leadership, service learning and residential trips. Strong pastoral care supports student well-being.
As part of our DQ campus expansion, we are seeking a lively, dynamic Science, Computing and Mathematics Teacher, able to deliver quality innovative lessons for Year 7 to 9 students. We are specifically looking for a teacher who will contribute to the further development of our dynamic school, our creative curriculum and can add to the existing vision and already very high academic standards. Classroom practice needs to be exemplary with experience of target setting for students and use of student data to track progress.
The successful candidate will:
• Be innovative, creative, enthusiastic, highly motivated and learning focused, with a strong track record of excellent classroom practice and pastoral care.
• Be committed to development of high-quality learning experiences underpinned by a clear understanding of how learning is developed, where students are motivated and equipped to become life-long learners.
• Demonstrate a passion for learning, be a reflective practitioner, showing a strong commitment to development of outstanding classroom practice.
• Use high quality assessment and feedback strategies to ensure students make good progress with their learning.
• Ensure students flourish by creating a positive climate for learning, supporting the holistic development of each student, with a strong emphasis on well-being in an intercultural context.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills, high levels of emotional intelligence and a good sense of humour, effectively collaborating within a range of teams.
• Fully support the school Mission, Vision and Motto.
• Go the extra mile for students, contributing to the wider life of the school, including the broad co-curricular programme and community events.
• Have a UK or UK recognised teaching qualification.
We can offer:
• Highly motivated and engaged students.
• A school with a strong sense of community.
• A learning focused school committed to staff development.
• Motivated, hard-working and dedicated colleagues, who are committed to high quality learning, student well-being and co-curricular programmes.
• An excellent compensation package.
Closing date for all applications: Saturday 27th February 2021
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa.
British International School Riyadh
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years