Applications are invited for the following Science Coordinator role at our client school located in Sydney’s Parramatta region. The school follows the Catholic faith. The school focuses on student centred learning where students are challenged to take responsibility for their own learning, developing effective thinking skills and problem-solving strategies. Students are known to perform well above the state average in the Higher School Certificate.
About the Role:
• Full time, Permanent role commencing Term 1, 2020
• Applicants must have NSW experience teaching Stage 6 Physics, Biology and/or Chemistry
• Applicants must strong knowledge and understanding of the NSW Science curriculum and program development
• Lead a department of 8 staff
• 2 point leadership position
• Thorough understanding of curriculum and pedagogy and how these underpin: inquiry-based learning (including PBL); creativity and critical thinking; responses to complex real-world questions and authentic problems
Benefits of Registering with Smart Teachers:
• Completely free service
• Gain access to exclusively listed positions
• Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more!
• Applicants must have demonstrated experience leading a Science department preferably in NSW
• Provide a minimum of three professional references
• Be supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school
• Be registered or have the ability to be registered with New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) and hold a NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
• Have the right to work in Australia
Please reply to express interest. Due to time constraints, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with more information.
Fast track your application:
• If you are in Australia or New Zealand, email your CV to Sandy, quoting job reference #WEB1908-538578SL– firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Monet quoting job reference #WEB1908-538578MH – email@example.com
• To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (T&Cs apply).