CAYMAN PREP & HIGH SCHOOL
Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 970 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced science laboratory technicians to join our high-performing science faculty in August 2018 for the following position:
SCIENCE TECHNICIAN (HIGH SCHOOL)
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor of Science degree and a minimum of two years’ current experience as a high school science technician. He / She will have experience preparing practical examinations and coursework for the IGCSE and A-level curricula.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
• Are familiar with UK Science curricula and specifications
• Possess science technician qualifications and practical experience preparing for Physics experiments and or assessments
• Have safety certifications in chemical handling, electrical safety and first-aid.
He / She will be:
• Fully proficient in using Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel
• Willing to be involved in a wide range of school-related activities
• Expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school
The salary range for this position is CI$30,500 - CI$41,500 per annum and will be commensurate with experience. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Phillip Burgess, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: June 1, 2018