Impington Village College (IVC)
Science Leadership Development Role at IVC
Required: April 2019 Salary: IVC Main Scale / IVC UPS
This role, suitable for an outstanding classroom practitioner with at least two years’ teaching experience, is a unique chance to develop your leadership capacity and prepare for a senior or middle leadership role. The successful candidate will benefit from:
• £2500 Golden Hello
• £2000 Personal Professional Development Bursary
• Funding and support to complete Masters Level qualification in Educational Leadership and Management
• Coaching from a member of SLT and support to apply for Specialist Leader in Education (SLE) status
• 2 Year Professional Development Programme in Leadership and Management for 2019-2021
Following a very successful Ofsted inspection in spring 2016, Impington Village College has achieved consistently excellent outcomes. With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress has been in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country for the last three years. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 15% of all grades at Grade 9, 43% at 7-9 (or equivalent) and 84% of grades at 4-9. You will also be joining the College in time for the launch of our transformed curriculum, innovative and unique in the state sector.
Science outcomes at IVC are consistently in the top 2% nationally for both attainment and progress. In the first year of the reformed GCSEs, the Science results were exceptional; over 50% of our very large cohort of Triple Scientists achieved Grade 9s and over 90% achieved at least a Grade 7. Combined Science outcomes were also incredibly strong, with 80% of students achieving at least 4-4 and significant numbers achieving Grades 7-9. This post also offers the opportunity to teach at IB level, where Sciences are a core part of the Diploma Programme for all students, and where outcomes are well in excess of the national and international averages.
You will be joining an innovative, collaborative and dynamic faculty where staff are highly committed to professional development and to developing students' love of Science. There will be numerous opportunities to continue developing your teaching practice, through connections with the Institute of Physics and a range of in-house CPD programmes. You will be well supported in the faculty by a number of highly experienced colleagues, including two Specialist Leaders in Education and two Lead Practitioners. The Science team also run a range of exciting extra-curricular activities, including CREST through our enrichment programme, and a regular trip to CERN in Geneva.
With your knowledge and passion for Science you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum embedded at IVC and deliver a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return IVC and the Morris Education Trust (MET) can offer you:
• reduced contact time for all teachers to facilitate professional learning/reduce workload
• the opportunity to teach all key stages including the International Baccalaureate in our Sixth Form
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
• access to the opportunities created by our newly established Morris Teaching School Alliance, where IVC is the Lead School
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University, the “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited providers
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful wellbeing directory to improve wellbeing and work-life balance
• subsidised access to the MET’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
The MET is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 10 December
An application pack is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. If you require any further information please contact Valerie Hastings, PA to the Principal and Vice Principal by email firstname.lastname@example.org