35 hours per week
£26,759 - £32,040
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Science Lecturer to join the Trafford College Group in order to realise our vision of being a dynamic career college.
This is an exciting time to join the Group following the merger with Stockport College and represents a fantastic opportunity to drive transformational change for the students, employers and communities of Stockport and Trafford.
As a Lecturer at Trafford College your key responsibilities will include:
• Delivering outstanding courses which meet learner needs through the use of a diverse range of teaching and learning strategies, allowing learners to access a comprehensive range of resources and providing comprehensive assessment opportunities.
• Emphasis will be placed on supporting BTEC learners, particularly Levels 1 and 2 to be successful.
• Maximising learner recruitment, retention and success through the provision of an outstanding educational experience which enable learners to maximise their potential.
• Completing and maintaining effective data in relation to learners including, attendance, individual learner targets, progression, achievement and destination.
• Being responsible for a course/courses of study and learner outcome.
It will be important that you for you to have previous experience of supporting BTEC Science students’ particularity at Level’s 1 and 2 where high quality guidance and encouragement will be an important focus of the role. As such, in order to be successful for this role, it is essential that you possess a Degree or a relevant professional qualification together with suitable experience which relates to supporting and teaching BTEC Science learners.
A teaching qualification will also be required along with a commitment to achieve a level 5 qualification within 2 years, or if a vocational area a commitment to achieve teacher qualified status within 2 years.
If you share our passion for innovation and success there has never been a better time to work for Trafford College Group!
Trafford College Group – New Group - New Opportunities - A Great Place to Work.
The Trafford College Group promotes, celebrates and values diversity and is committed to promoting equality for all.
The Trafford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the Trafford College Group is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.
To apply please click on link:
Closing date for receipt of applications: 23 April 2019