Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we are a network of 38 schools, educating around 24,000 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference. Through Ark Ventures, we incubate, launch and scale initiatives that address some of the most intractable issues in education and society, both in the UK and around the world.
Science Mastery Project Lead
We are now looking for an outstanding candidate to oversee the design, development and implementation of Science Mastery. Working with exceptional teachers and leaders across our network, you will develop a ground-breaking Science curriculum that will inspire a love of science and improve pupil outcomes. You will provide teachers with essential, world-class resources that will help reduce their workloads and give them space to flourish in the classroom.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent teacher with recent experience of delivering strong results, and a proven record of outstanding attainment and progress;
- Have up to date knowledge of the national curriculum and exam specification, and an awareness of current thinking around Science curriculum and teaching;
- Be able to drive outcomes by using data to assess impact, and seek to evaluate and improve own work and that of others;
- Be experienced in leading, inspiring and supporting a team;
- Hold a genuine passion and belief in the potential of every student.
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000 per annum + 11 % employer contribution to pension, negotiable for the right candidate
Start date: 01 January 2018
Location: Holborn, London
Closing date: 22 October 2018
Interview date: week commencing 29 October 2018
Early applications are encouraged; we reserve the right to close this vacancy if we find the right candidate.
Apply with a CV and cover letter at on our online recruitment portal here.
For a confidential discussion about the role contact Matt Butler, Head of Ark Curriculum Plus, at email@example.com
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.