Employer: AJYAL International School
Location: United Arab Emirates
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: limited for two years
Expected joining date: Academic Year 2020/2021
Expectation for the Candidate:
The ideal candidate must be a qualified teacher to lead KS3, KS4 and KS5 level students whose first language is not English (usually Arabic). Within cultural parameters, we follow the English National Curriculum, which constitutes around 80% of the timetable. All lessons are taught in English, except for Arabic language and Arabic language-related subjects. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ continuous experience; UAE local experience is an advantage. He/she will show initiative and adaptability, be a team player and will relish the challenges and rewards of teaching in an international setting.
If you are excited by the challenge of a different teaching experience in a vibrant environment, this opportunity may well be for you. The successful candidate will be welcomed into a team that fosters pedagogical discussion and aims to make their subject accessible to all students.
The ideal Candidate (in relation to the role) shall have:
• Experience working in a successful school that follows The National Curriculum of England experience (either inside or outside the UK).
• Knowledge of best pedagogical practice.
• A proven track record of outstanding teaching.
• Drive and enthusiasm to inspire, nurture and empower students.
• A focus to maximize student attainment, progress and achievement.
• Confidence and impressive communication skills and be a team player and possibly a leader.
We can offer the right candidate:
• A friendly, supportive working environment
• The opportunity to make a difference
• Very competitive, tax-free salary
• Medical insurance and residence visa
• School Accommodation or allowance.
• Supported Child placement in the school
• End-of-service gratuity
• Unlimited sunshine, safe environment and a good lifestyle
Qualification and Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science ( Physics/Chemistry/Biology).
- A Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and QTS.
- Preferably UK National with UK education (degree)
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience in the Gulf or in UK
- 21st Century teaching skills
Our students are responsive and respectful, but lively at the same time, as we equip them with the skills to make a positive contribution to their society as adults. Abu Dhabi is an exciting place to work, a vibrant city with lots going on and very welcoming to expatriates who are respectful of local culture and social norms. It is rapidly establishing itself as the cultural (as well as the actual) capital of the UAE. If you want an ‘authentic’ and fulfilling expat experience, then Ajyal International School Private School is a rewarding place to work at.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click on the ‘Apply now’ button below to upload their CV.
Applications will be processed upon receiving the application, and suitable candidates will be interviewed without delay. The advert will be removed once the post is filled.
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted soon after applying with the package information before moving to interview via SKYPE for international candidates and at the school for local candidates.
Whilst we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.