The Beacon School is seeking to appoint a passionate teacher, with a proven track record of achieving excellent Science results, to join our successful Science department as a Raising Standards Leader.
Our core purpose as a school is to strive for exceptional learning and your role will be to support the Faculty Leader of Science to drive forwards progress and attainment in the subject.
Come and meet us...it is a department that you will instantly want to be part of.
As a colleague:
- You will join an exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
- Teach students who want to learn
- Be supported by highly experienced leaders in the Faculty
- Be part of an excellent programme of CPD
- There are opportunities to deliver CPD in the Faculty and across the whole school
- Have the opportunity to be coached or become a coach
- You will be able to collaborate, as well as develop your career alongside colleagues from across the 30 GLF schools
- Receive a Chromebook and have the use of IRIS technology to help you shape your teaching
- Have access to a part-funded Masters qualification
- Have the opportunity to apply for an SLE accreditation
- There are numerous opportunities to be fast-tracked into school leadership
- There is a large range of extra-curricular activities and visits to be involved with
- There is a very strong and supportive staff body with a number of staff social events
- There is the opportunity to teach across all of the key stages, including in the Sixth Form where we offer A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Have excellent communication and leadership skills
- Be able to work as part of a team, leading whole school learning and teaching
- Deliver whole school CPD
- Provide support to colleagues as part of our successful coaching programme
We proudly serve our local community, attracting students from a wide range of backgrounds and we are once again heavily oversubscribed for September 2019.
We are conveniently located with excellent road links and just forty minutes by train from London Victoria.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Keith Batchelor, Headteacher.
Closing date: Noon on Wednesday 22nd May 2019
We reserve the right to call candidates to interview prior to application deadline or withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
References may be requested upon receipt of your application, so please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interview date.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.