Smart Teachers are currently recruiting for a Science Teacher with a passion to travel. Our client is a Canadian travelling school, for 16-18 year olds, which spends the year travelling around the world visiting countries such as Australia, New Zealand and South America. The school allow students to gain their high school credits, as well as to see parts of the world they may not have an opportunity to visit.
About the Role:
- Science Teacher for 16-18 year olds
- Pastoral duties include caring for a group of female students
- Position to commence February 2017 starting in Sydney- Position can be for one or two terms
- First term is based in Australia and New Zealand and second term would be traveling around Central and South America.
About the School:
- ‘Bringing the real world to the classroom, and the classroom to the real world’
- Classes taught in hotel lobbies, parks, cafes, on beaches etc to combine study with applied learning at local landmarks
- Flights, accommodation, breakfast and dinners provided (lunches not included)
- Links with schools in Canada for future short term blocks if desired
Benefits of Registering with Smart Teachers:
- Completely free service
- Gain access to exclusively listed positions
- Career mentoring, CV preparation and interview coaching
- Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
- Be suitably qualified with a Teaching Degree (qualification must be recognised in Australia)
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Be registered, or have the ability to be registered with New South Wales Education Standards Authority & Working With Children Check (or your state’s equivalent)
- Possess current and relevant references
- A desire to travel and explore and build a confidence in students through real life experiences
- Previous experience with similar pastoral care duties well regarded
Fast track your application:
- If you are in Australia, email your CV to Emma, quoting job reference #WEBTES1801-525505EB – firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Monet quoting job reference #WEBTES1801-525505EB – email@example.com
- To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (Terms and Conditions Apply).
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.