Information about London Academy
London Academy is an ambitious all-through Academy in North London, serving a multicultural and disadvantaged community. In 2018/2019 we were in the top 42 of all schools nationally in terms of the progress students made achieving a progress 8 score of 1 overall and 0.88 specifically in Science.
We wish to appoint a high-quality graduate who has the necessary skills and attributes to enthuse our highly ambitious students to join our school as a teacher of Science and inspire our students to become Leaders for Tomorrow. The ideal candidate would be a Chemistry or Physics specialist and be able to teach up to A level in their specialism. However, we would still welcome and consider applications from Biology specialists. This post would suit an NQT or a more experienced colleague looking to broaden their experience in an all through 4-19 Academy.
Our mission is to develop the leadership potential in both our staff and students and we want to be at the forefront of developing the next generation of school leaders. We can help prepare you for a future leadership position, investing in your development through regular coaching and a wide range of professional development opportunities, such as the NPQML.
Why work at London Academy?
• The opportunity to work with experienced and value driven colleagues that have a proven track record of raising attainment for a disadvantaged community
• A wide range of professional development opportunities, for example we were one of the first partner schools working with The Institute for Teaching on the Masters in Expert Teaching
• Experience of working with Ambition School Leadership and supporting colleagues completing Teaching Leaders and Future Leaders
• A commitment to engage with the latest educational research so it that informs all aspects of the Academy, for example curriculum design and pedagogy
• A focus on reducing workload by having centralised behaviour systems, centralised curriculum and a reasonable feedback policy.
To apply, please send your CV and a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to discuss the post in confidence please email email@example.com to arrange a time to have an informal conversation with a senior member of staff.
London Academy is an equal opportunities employer. London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Enhanced DBS, Barred List and Prohibition checks will always be carried out on new employees.
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 1 March 2021. Applications will be viewed on a rolling basis so early applications are recommended.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years