Smart Teachers is recruiting for a passionate Science Teacher to teach a KS3 and KS4 timetable from September 2017. The successful Science Teacher will be joining a school rated by Ofsted as being ‘Good with an Outstanding sixth form’. A candidate with a specialism in Physics is preferred but not essential. Situated in the borough of Barnet, this co-ed school is a short walk from an overground station and caters for children aged 11 to 19. This is a full-time, permanent contract and interviews are to be held ASAP.
About the Role
· Science Teacher
· Physics specialist preferable but not essential
· KS3 and KS4 timetable
· The opportunity for the successful candidate to teach their specialism at KS5 also available. This will be explored at interview
· Permanent contract
· MPS up to £40,000
· NQTs welcome to apply
About the School
· Excellent facilities with ample resources
· Real sense of faculty cohesion
· Science results are excellent with over 90% pass rate
· A large secondary school with a community feel
· Continuous professional development
· New build with a modern feel throughout
· Expanding in 2017 taking on more pupils
· Located a walkable distance from an over ground station in Barnet
· Parking onsite available
· Ofsted rated ‘Good’ with an ‘Outstanding sixth form’
· Head Teacher has been described as an exceptional leader
· Leadership team provide very able support to both the Head Teacher and all staff across the school
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum (preferable)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number rxn43548.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.