We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, highly motivated and innovative teacher to join the Science team, to be part of our journey to take teaching and learning to outstanding across the department. You will join a highly motivated team, committed to a creative and stimulating approach to the curriculum, and to instilling in our students, a passion for the subject.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a passionate teacher of Science
- Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its students can achieve
- Demonstrate evidence of raising attainment and developing excellence across the key stages
- Be a committed team player
- Be committed to the Academy’s ethos of high expectations
- Have the resolve and enthusiasm to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
This is an exciting opportunity for you, as an effective practitioner, to shape and develop your career in a highly supportive environment.
Harborne Academy can offer:
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- A friendly and supportive team and learning environment
- Well behaved and self-motivated students who want to learn
- Excellent student/staff relationships
- Team ethos
For more information, and to request an application pack including job description and person specification, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education on
T: 0121 236 4476
Please also see our recruitment site: https://microsites.hays.co.uk/jobs/harborne-academy/index.htm
Closing date: 9.00 am Monday 24th February 2020
Harborne Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure will be requested in the event of an individual being offered the position.