Science Teacher - Full Time - MPS/UPS
This is an opportunity to join a highly ambitious school, which has strong and supportive relationships ensuring our expectations and visions are shared with parents, students and staff. We are seeking an outstanding teacher to support our educational aims and who has the vision, drive and interpersonal skills to motivate our students. You must be able to teach GCSE Combined Science and GCSE Physics or Chemistry at higher level. You will benefit from strong and supportive leadership, effective support by colleagues and being part of an ethos that strives to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
These strengths include:
• A culturally and socially diverse student body who behave well and are keen to learn.
• Established and successful Science Department.
• Science is a very popular option subject with a track record of excellent results.
• An extensive program of extra-curricular Science activities, which engage and motivate students.
• A supportive environment with high quality CPD opportunities.
• An ICT rich environment where all students have iPads and all teachers have iPads and a MacBook to support high quality teaching and learning.
• Part of a growing MAT with associated benefits such as Health & Dental care plans for staff.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Passionate about the study of Science and working with young people.
• A well-qualified teacher educated to degree level
• Passionate and knowledgeable about the teaching and learning of Science
• Committed to outstanding teaching and learning practices.
• Able to think creatively with an excellent understanding of developments in education.
• Positive, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Able to engage, motivate and inspire students and colleagues.
You will play a central role, building on the strengths and successes of both departments and the school.
For visits to the school or any other information, please direct all enquiries to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday 3rd March 2021
For further enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Education Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding its children; therefore, an enhanced DBS clearance will be undertaken for the successful applicant(s). The Trust (and its schools) are legally obligated to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before making appointments to relevant posts.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section or alternative ways to apply, please contact the recruitment team on email@example.com
Pleckgate High School
Blackburn with Darwen
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years