Job Title: Teacher of Science
Salary : MPS/ UPS (NQTs welcome to apply)
Do you believe in academic and traditional values? Want to teach in a school with pupils with great behaviour? Want senior leaders and middle leaders who visibly support staff?
Then join our hugely oversubscribed 11-19 school in lovely community of Bournville, south Birmingham.
Respect, Aspire, Believe, Commit
At DEC our values underpin everything that we do. As a result, our teachers enjoy fantastic behaviour and aspirational, diligent pupils. We are a genuinely comprehensive school providing a knowledge-based education for pupils of all backgrounds in south Birmingham. Our curriculum is academic, rigorous and exciting. Our Science faculty is fantastically well resourced and will continue to go from strength to strength.
An excellent reputation
With waiting lists in each year group and hugely improved GCSE results, we are the most oversubscribed school in the area. Demand for places is high: parents and carers want the combination of a traditional education, rigorous behaviour management and our distinctive small school ‘family’ feel.
We are extremely outward-facing, and are a member of the Matrix Academy Trust, benefitting from all the CPD opportunities that brings. We also run a regular series of LeadMeets and TeachMeets, open to all staff and all local teachers and school leaders in the area, sharing ideas, collaborating, and building connections and great practice.
This post is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational teacher who has the ability, confidence, and talent to contribute to our expanding Science Faculty.
All teachers and leaders receive tailored CPD to secure great teaching and develop leadership skills. We have an ambitious staff culture where everyone works to provide the very best for our pupils.
We are looking for someone who wants to be the best. Someone who is:
- Excellent in the classroom
- Will lead by example
- Has a proven track record of raising attainment through their teaching and learning, making a positive impact within and beyond their own classroom
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate, inspire, lead and support colleagues
- Has a commitment to working strategically as part of a team and working collaboratively with the leadership team, colleagues, parents and governors
- Has a clear vision and commitment to school improvement
We will give you:
- Excellent pupil behaviour
- Happy and enthusiastic children who enjoy school and want to learn
- A caring and inclusive school with supportive, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues, governors and parents
- A supportive faculty and senior leadership team, committed to providing quality continuing professional development and support
- Excellent CPD and growth to reach your full potential
- A positive and innovative learning environment
Closing date for applications is 12pm, Tuesday 13th November 2018 For further details and an application form please contact school on 0121 464 4040 or visit the school website at www.decschool.co.uk
Dame Elizabeth Cadbury is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.