Our mission is to ensure everyone receives the support and care needed to become successful and lead a purposeful and happy life. To achieve this goal, we believe that everyone must uphold the three values of Integrity, Diligence and Civility. Our behaviour systems ensure teachers can teach and students can learn.
Last year we were extremely impressed by our overall outcomes. 81% of students achieved 5A* - C (E&M) and 56% achieved the Ebacc. We also received an ofsted rating of ‘outstanding’.
“All adults have the highest expectations of pupils’ behaviour and learning, which results in exceptional rates of progress and excellent behaviour.” Ofsted 2017
“Teachers’ training and development are highly effective. As a result, teaching is highly consistent in quality...”Ofsted 2017
The right candidate:
Applications are welcome for the position of Science Teacher at DKA for a January 2018 start. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative, qualified and enthusiastic Science teacher to support the school with securing outstanding results for the students.
- You will be an outstanding teacher with a passion for Science;
- You will inspire and motivate students and staff to develop their full potential;
- You are committed to developing the Academy as part of the wider community.
The Academy can offer:
- Fantastic students who are positive, keen to learn and progress
- A dedicated and skilled workforce, committed to making a difference
- A school with high aspirations and a strong commitment to professional development
- An enthusiastic, creative and supportive staff
The Academy has students aged 11-16 with places for 800 pupils.
Dixons Kings Academy is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake, or currently hold, a DBS enhanced clearance for the academy.
For further details and information on how to apply please access our website: www.dixonska.com
The closing date for applications: 16 October 2017 at 12:00 Midday
Interviews/selection will be held: w/c 16 October 2017.