Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Science Teacher to join an outstanding, Independent school in central London. The school is a specialist theatre school for children aged 11-16. The successful Science Teacher will be the sole Science Teacher in the school and so would lead the subject in KS3 and KS4. The school is small and has high academic expectations. Based in a Central London location the school is well resourced, and pupils thrive. The successful Science Teacher would be appointed to a role starting in January 2020 on a full time, permanent basis.
About the Role
• Science Teacher
• Sole Science Teacher in the school
• Teaching KS3 and KS4 classes
• Full time, permanent position
• Starts January 2020
• Salary between £29,664 - £48,244 (depending on experience)
About the School
• Outstanding Independent School
• Specialist Theatre School
• Co-educational 11-16
• Central London, zone 1
In order to be considered for this role, the Science Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMH40215
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.