Applications are invited for the following Science Teacher role at our client school located Central West region of New South Wales, Australia. The school is approximately five hours drive from Sydney Central Business District. It is an Independent and non-denominational selective co-educational school. The school caters for motivated learners through creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, communication, problem seeking and solving. There is a focus on coding, technology, and STEAM. Professional development courses and programs are regularly offered to staff.
About the Role:
• Full-time, Permanent role
• Position commencing January 2020
• Teaching Years 7-8 Science and willingness to teach Years 7-8 PDHPE
• Developing and implementing programs to gifted and talented students
Benefits of Registering with Smart Teachers:
• Completely free service
• Gain access to exclusively listed positions
• Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more!
Working and living Central West, NSW
• It is a five-hour drive to Sydney and flights to Sydney are less than one hour.
• This regional city offers dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. You can enjoy a quality lifestyle with affordable housing, career opportunities, high-quality health, educational and professional services.
• It also has world-class restaurants and thriving restaurant and café culture, wineries, B&Bs, markets, fashion retailers, parks and facilities as well as tertiary education institutions.
• You can live close to where you work, so you can have a fulfilling career and time to spend on with your family and achieve the work/life balance.
• There is a thriving arts and culture scene. The Regional Theatre, Convention Centre and the Cultural Centre hosts year round local, national and international art, theatre and music for all ages, tastes and passions
• It has a proud and passionate sporting heritage and boasts more than 120 sporting and interest clubs and more than 150 acres of dedicated sporting grounds and facilities.
• High-level knowledge and understanding of gifted education including identification, differentiation, 21st Century Skills pedagogy, programs, strategies and the social and emotional needs of all gifted students
• Provide a minimum of three professional references
• Be registered or have the ability to be registered with New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) and hold a NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
• Have the right to work in Australia
Please reply to express interest. Due to time constraints, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with more information.
Fast track your application:
• If you are in Australia or New Zealand, email your CV to Sandy, quoting job reference #WEB1909-539342SL– email@example.com
• If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Monet quoting job reference #WEB1909-539342MH – firstname.lastname@example.org
• To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (T&Cs apply).