Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Science teacher with excellent behaviour management skills to join an independent special education needs PRU based in Ealing. The successful teacher will need the ability to teach the Science curriculum from KS2 up to KS5. To apply for this role, you must have experience working with student with Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) and students with Autism (ASD). The successful applicant will also have the option to take on additional Science responsibilities for the schools other sites too. Starting September 2017, this is a temporary contract but may lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
About the Role
· Science teacher
· Temporary to permanent contract
· Suitable for NQTs
· To teach KS2, KS3, KS4 and KS5 General Science
· Salary up to £37,000
About the School
· SEN PRU with students who have SEMH and ASD
· Good school with many Outstanding features
· Expanding independent company
· Small class sizes with 6 -8 pupils
· A specialised curriculum tailored to the diverse needs of the students
· Full CPD program offered to staff, including opportunities to undertake professional qualifications
In order to be considered for this role, the Science teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree(preferably with QTS)
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum (essential)
· Experience working with SEMH/Autistic pupils
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number TXT31402.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.