Tes are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and inspirational Teachers of Science on part-time fixed-term basis' from September 2021. These roles are not suitable for NQTs.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the leading providers of independent sixth form education in Greater Manchester. There are approximately 200 students in the college. Within this around 40% are from the Manchester area with the remainder coming from up to thirty five different countries across Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas. It is a dynamic, exciting college, situated in the heart of Manchester providing high quality, flexible A Level, International Foundation, Combined Studies and GCSE programmes.
They offer a unique alternative to the traditional school whilst maintaining a strong academic ethos. Everyone contributes, everyone is appreciated; their committed teachers love their subjects and seek to inspire their students, in their turn, to love learning and value the acquisition of knowledge.
In response to the lockdown the school have developed a remote teaching programme which catered for both remote and face to face teaching and in January 2021 their on-line revision school was launched as a new initiative.
They have opportunities for teachers to join their Science Department with effect from September 2021. The primary responsibility is for the effective delivery of the curriculum to students and to ensure that students realise their full potential in the subject area. The teacher must be able to deliver one of the combinations of the subjects set out below to be considered for the roles:
- GCSE Physics and Chemistry GCSE for face to face teaching in the college (ability to deliver GCSE Biology welcomed but not essential)
- GCSE and A-level Physics for the on-line revision school
- GCSE and A-level Biology for the on-line revision school
The Successful Candidates:
- Good academic achievement including A-level Sciences and a relevant honours degree in Science. For A-level teaching the degree must be in the subject to be taught.
- This position is ideal for someone who is looking for part time work/flexible work in the day and/or evenings and school holidays
- Experience of teaching GCSE and A-level science depending on the post applied for – ability to teach face to face and remotely. Ideally, the candidate will have significant experience of teaching to be able to deliver what is required for the revision school
- Evidence of creative and innovative approach to teaching and learning
- Commitment to improving, monitoring and evaluating teaching and learning
- Commitment to assessment for learning
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- Commitment to academic excellence
- High degrees of self-confidence, personal energy and dynamism
- Personal warmth, good rapport with students, colleagues and parents
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1421086
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...