Hillcrest Jubilee School is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ rated education provision that provides support to c31 pupils aged 8-16 year with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. The School has an excellent reputation for providing highly effective education, therapy, welfare and support to all children and young people that they teach. The curriculum at our education provision provides a structured and supportive environment and is planned to meet the personal, academic and pastoral needs of the pupils at each stage of their schooling. We are within a commutable distance of Havant, Portsmouth, Southampton, Fareham, Chichester and Petersfield and other surrounding towns and villages.
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
Job Summary and Duties
As the Science Teacher, your role will involve providing teaching support within the framework of the National Curriculum, GCSE’s and Functional Skills Programme. You will be part of a strong dedicated team committed to providing our students with the very best outcomes; planning and promoting teaching and learning outside of normal classroom settings to children with social, emotional and mental health needs. The post holder will be part of a strong dedicated team committed to providing our students with the very best outcomes through academic studies. The role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible, who can easily engage with students that may be reluctant to engage in lessons due to previous life experiences.
The position is offered on either a full time (5 days a week) or part time (2 or 3 days per week) permanent basis plus after school meetings (during term time only, including 5 non-pupil days). We are looking to appoint a flexible, adaptable and dedicated individual with experience working with pupils with SEMH and Behavioural difficulties.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
• Teaching Science to students with a range of abilities
• Preparing, planning and assessing teaching sessions whilst maintaining an awareness of curriculum developments
• Writing and implement individual education plans, making assessments of educational attainment, setting challenging yet achievable targets
• Build relationships with all young people, which will encourage their interest and participation in their education
• Creating an environment which is stimulating and purposeful for all pupils to promote teaching and learning outside the formal classroom settings.
Key Skills Required:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status
• Have a background of teaching Science, delivering teaching at a good or outstanding level
• Knowledge of current education issues in relation to terms of practise, process and curriculum
• Be experienced working within an SEN setting, supporting with challenging behaviour (SEMH/EBD)
• Effective communication skills with the ability to build ongoing positive relationships with the students
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for further information.
Although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date