This is a fantastic opportunity to teach Science in an ‘outstanding’ school. Ark Burlington Danes Academy is a non-selective, all-through comprehensive school. The academy opened in September 2006 and has made rapid progress to become a highly successful and over-subscribed local school. In its 2013 Ofsted inspection, Burlington Danes was rated outstanding in every category. We are now looking to recruit a Science Teacher who is dedicated to helping every child succeed.
You will join a highly motivated team, committed to a creative and stimulating approach to teaching and learning, and to instilling in our students, a passion for Science. The successful candidate will help to develop an exciting curriculum to engage pupils in the learning of Science and will work with other members of the Science faculty to raise attainment across all key stages.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be a passionate teacher of Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) and a committed team player
• demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
• demonstrate evidence of raising attainment and developing excellence
• be a committed team player
• be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses
• have the resolve and enthusiasm to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
• join one of the most successful academies in England • work in high quality facilities
• receive unrivalled training and professional development
• join a network of Ark schools and benefit from the support of experienced network colleagues
• gain access to an exclusive range of benefits including reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
If you share in our commitment to excellence, we want to hear from you. For information about the school, please go to http://burlingtondanes.org/vacancies. Visits to the academy before application submission are welcomed. Please contact Julia Morson on 0208 735 4972 or email Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this. To apply, please complete the online application. Please complete your application by 11am on Monday 8th January 2018. Applications will be reviewed as soon as we receive them so we encourage candidates to submit their applications early.
Location: Ark Burlington Danes Academy, Wood Lane, London W12 0HR
Closing Date: 11am on Monday 8th January 2018
Start Date: April 2018 or September 2018
Salary: Ark MPS or UPS (Inner London) £29,377 - £39,982 or £44,707 - £48,481 per annum dependent on experience
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.