Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Science teacher to join a successful school in Hillingdon, North West London. The school is looking for a dedicated teacher to join their supportive Science department from September 2017 and are open to any Science specialism. For the right person this will be a permanent appointment and the salary will be in line with MPS/UPS outer London. If successful, you will be joining a school that has been judged ‘Outstanding’ in all areas by Ofsted. Alongside impeccable behaviour and consistently high results, they have been particularly commended for their achievements within the Science department and the leadership of the department which is particularly strong. The school welcomes any staff who are dedicated to providing quality education and happy to uphold the Christian ethos of the school. All staff are warm and welcoming and they have worked hard to build a strong school community that is inclusive and encourages input from the wider community. A desire to grow and take on responsibility within the department in the future would be an advantage, however; this position is open to any newly qualified teachers and also teachers who have trained outside the United Kingdom.
About the Role
· Science Teacher
· Salary up to £42,077
· Open to any Biology, Chemistry or Physics specialists
· Permanent contract beginning in September
About the School
· A large and very prestigious Church of England secondary school
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in all areas
· Impressive buildings and grounds
· High achieving and dedicated pupils with an impressive alumni
· Supportive staff and senior leadership team committed to the well-being of both students and school staff
· House system set up to promote competition within sports and the arts
· Well connected to central London by both road and train and underground
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold QTS or an equivalent overseas qualification
· NQTs and overseas trained teachers are welcome to apply
· This role is suitable for NQTs
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· On-going CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number dxm19413
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.