We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Science Teacher for the Middle School years, starting from May 2021. This is a maternity cover but has the possibility of being extended further. Candidates should be qualified and experienced in working with children from 10/11 to 14 years of age and be able to adapt quickly to a new and exciting learning environment. We are seeking a flexible, communicative professional with strong empathy skills who understands the value of positive teacher/student/parent relationships, in a stimulating learning environment with students from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
A strong commitment to purposeful learning and teaching, collaborative planning and open communication is essential. We pride ourselves on the commitment offered by our friendly and professional staff. Applicants must be willing to be active, resilient participants in a hard-working team of teachers. Proven experience within an international, bilingual or multilingual context would also be useful, as well as an understanding of how to teach, as necessary in blended and online situations, as we have experienced here in Italy this year.
Please note that the role is not for an NQT.
The candidate must possess the following experience, skills and knowledge:
• A good honours degree in a related subject
• PGCE or equivalent in Science with recent experience in teaching
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Be an English mother tongue or English Fluent speaker
• Established experience teaching at KS3, and with knowledge of the UK National Curriculum, IGCSEs and/or equivalent educational curricula
• Willingness to be an active part of an engaging extracurricular programme
• To have a strong interest in a constructivist approach to learning
• To demonstrate ability in engaging with pupils and teaching staff alike maintaining a high standard of attainment at all times
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills
• The ability to collaborate and plan with a laboratory technician, in purpose built science laboratories
• Proven experience of organising and leading an initiative, subject coordination or professional development within a school context
Flights and baggage allowance, and support for the apartment search are provided by the school.
Candidates should send their letter of application and CV with a recent photograph. Please send your email with the relevant position as your subject line.
Due to difficulties in obtaining visas we can only accept applications from people who have a passport or citizenship from an EU country or with a valid work permit that enables you to work in Italy.
St. Louis School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years