We are looking for a skilful, caring and innovative Science Teacher who is committed to further elevate all aspects of the student experience. Academics are important, and impressive exam grades are a non-negotiable, however Science education at DHSZ is about so much more than this. Our teachers collaboratively plan and deliver the curriculum so that students have the skills, understandings, and knowledge to apply their learning outside of the classroom and be well-prepared for success at university at beyond. As a school, we seek to embrace emerging technologies to support innovation of learning and we always ensure that students are at the centre of our decision-making processes.
Care for each student, collegiality and continued professional development are key elements of the department. Our well-resourced labs, including our newly opened synthetic science lab, enable the department to emphasise practical work at all levels, whilst our partnerships with universities and industry provide further opportunities for our students.
We welcome applications from Science specialists as well as teachers who combine this with additional areas of expertise.
Dulwich International High School, Suzhou is the school of choice in Suzhou for Chinese parents who wish their children to gain the skills and education necessary for them to be successful in non-Chinese universities. The major destinations for all of our students is the USA and the UK. Our school is home to almost 800 students who study IGCSE and A levels. Our students ask for excellence in teaching and they work hard to achieve offers from their universities of choice.
Our offering is largely academic concentrating on STEAM subjects with an outstanding visual arts component which is becoming more popular as it gains in recognition. Because we believe in developing the whole child, we also have a thriving co-curricular programme in which all students and all teachers participate.
Suzhou is known as the “Venice of the East”. It has a long and colourful history based around the waterways in the province. Much of Suzhou is designed around the lakes and canal system and it makes for wonderful walking, cycling and exercising opportunities. Suzhou is a vibrant city that with an enriching arts and performing culture that also offers many scenic areas of peace and tranquillity. Public transport is cheap and easy to use. The city is also one of the most multi-cultural in China and offers food and drink from all around the world.
Our Teaching Profile (International School)
Dulwich College International (DCI) is a family of leading international schools in Asia. Across our schools, we are focused on nurturing every student to have the skills and motivation to thrive in life and make a positive difference in the world – that is, to Graduate Worldwise. To this end, we look to recruit the very best practitioners in international education who are passionate about unlocking the potential of our students, and who will continue to grow with us as Worldwise Teachers.
Our Vision For Teachers
• Put students first in all they do
• Display a positive attitude, adaptability and open-mindedness
• Show professional initiative and perseverance
• Are truly collaborative and display highly developed communication skills
• Are committed to internationalism and equity
• Are committed to sustainability and global citizenship
Worldwise teachers believe in:
• The right of every student to be safe, supported and nurtured
• Evidence-based and innovative pedagogy
• Personalised and differentiated student learning
• Setting high expectations for every student
• Empowering students to reach their own goals
• High levels of student motivation and engagement
Worldwise teacher's practice:
• Maximises every student’s opportunity learn
• Promotes student agency, reflection and a love of learning
• Delivers academic rigour and holistic learning
• Reveals the complex and inter-disciplinary nature of learning content
• Creates a supportive and dynamic learning environment
• Develops students’ higher-order thinking
Post-holder Qualifications, Experience
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
DHSZ is a well-resourced school with highly motivated and academically successful students. Successful applicants will be enthusiastic about the ethos and values of Dulwich International. An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
The successful candidate must be
- Passionate about Science and be able to inspire students to study their subject further
- Capable of delivering Science knowledge to the depth required at the A2 level
- Successful in showing student progress so that students are fully prepared for external examinations at IGCSE and A level stages
- Experienced (or willing to learn) in using formative assessment in order to advance student learning
- Actively engaged in furthering their own pedagogical knowledge
- Willing to collaborate with a diverse range of teachers in order to create an engaging classroom
- Able to differentiate in order to meet the needs of all students, especially within an EAL environment
- Willing to engage in the student's own culture (Chinese) in order to fully know your students
- Knowledgeable in the latest safeguarding systems in order to ensure student wellbeing
- Eager to fully engage with the students in their Co-curricular activities
- Adaptable in the classroom in order to make full use of educational technology to meet student needs
- Able to demonstrate that they hold the highest expectations of the students and themselves.
How to Apply
To apply for this position you will need to include:
- an application letter
- your CV
- a statement of educational philosophy
- details of three referees from your current and previous employer
Applications should be submitted through our on-line application system at: https://www.dulwich.org/careers/find-your-career?code=dihsz
For further information please see our website at https://suzhou-high-school.dulwich.org/
The closing date for applications is 15th Feb 2022.
Interviews will take place as soon as applications are received, therefore early application is encouraged.
SIP Dulwich College United School, also known as Dulwich International High School Suzhou, was the sixth school to join the Dulwich College International family of schools. We are made up of approximately 850 students from age 14 to 19, with over six...