You will be an excellent teacher with a proven record of achieving outstanding outcomes for your students. You will have experience of raising achievement and maintaining high expectations for all students. This is a unique opportunity to join a community of staff striving to create a truly great comprehensive school.
Ideal candidates will:
- Love Science in all their forms
- Be an excellent Science teacher who inspires and engages within the classroom. Equally, you will be willing to provide a wide range of opportunities outside of the classroom.
- Be a valued member of the Science team and play a key role in raising standards.
- Have demonstrable evidence of great classroom management.
- Be passionate about developing your own practice.
- Communicate effectively to staff, students and parents.
- Provide an appropriately broad, balanced, and relevant and differentiated Science curriculum which is accessible for all
The successful candidate:
- will champion all of our young people
- is passionate about the importance of education for all children
- refuses to accept that disadvantage or SEND should limit ambition or potential
- is consistently an outstanding practitioner with a positive work ethic
- is student centred and progress focused
- stays solution based
- is reflective, with a constant drive to improve
- is a versatile professional who is flexible in their operational and strategic outlook
Why work at Chessington:
- Our students are wonderful. They love the school, their teachers and learning.
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Fantastic support from line managers and SLT who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and professional development in a successful family of schools within the Every Child Every Day Trust
- A school dedicated to well-being. Increased length of October Half Term, workload reducing feedback strategies, Free gym membership, onsite childcare and more.
Here’s what our teachers say
“I have been at this school for 9 years and I love it! It gets better and better each year without losing the supportive and caring environment” Middle Leader
I am in my NQT year. The CPD, support and commitment I get has been overwhelming. I made the right choice” Newly Qualified Teacher
“This is the best school I have ever worked at” Deputy Headteacher
If you would like to discuss this role or our school in any further detail please call Sarah Wilson, Deputy Head on 0208 974 1156
The Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS