Varee Chiangmai International School is a fully accredited member of EDT (Education Development Trust) and delivers CIE (Cambridge Assessment International Education) following a British curriculum across the key stages in Science leading to IGCSE and A level. We take a holistic approach to a child’s education and development, with the arts, sports, creative clubs and the Duke of Edinburgh award programme all contributing to the extra-curricular activities. The secondary school is a growing community of approximately 150 students.
The Science department is focussed on ensuring lessons are active, challenging and relatable for students. We collaborate in planning and delivering lessons to a consistently high standard, and encourage staff to try new strategies to engage and develop learners. By the end of their Science education at VCIS, we strive to make students active thinkers with the ability to apply and analyse new information to solve real-world problems.
The school is located close to the centre of Chiang Mai, the bustling capital of Thailand’s northern Lanna region. Chiang Mai has been rated among the top 10 most liveable cities in Asia. It has a laid-back atmosphere, enjoys a tropical climate and is affordable. The lifestyle achievable means that most of our teachers renew their initial contract.
The successful candidate should:
- Possess a degree/qualification in a Science.
- Have a PGCE or equivalent.
- Be able to teach across Science across KS3, KS4 and KS5. At KS5 teaching will be in specialism.
- Be able to use technology to track student progress.
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to work with diverse groups of colleagues, students and parents, as well as different cultures. Experience working in a multicultural/international school setting is considered a bonus.
- Be willing to take on the challenge of supporting/ accommodating ESL speakers in your lessons.
- Have a flexible attitude as our school grows and develops.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staffroom.
- Be willing to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
In return we offer:
- A two-year contract.
- A locally competitive salary in line with other international schools in Chiang Mai.
- Housing support.
- Aetna medical insurance.
- End of contract bonus and flight support
- Visa and work permit support.
- A friendly and supportive working environment, where new ideas are encouraged.
Applications are open until 10th April 2020, though we will start contacting suitable applicants as soon as applications are received. All applications will be done through the TES portal. Please fill in all the fields on the TES Quick Apply form, including two recent references that can be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype or ZOOM for candidates not presently in Chiang Mai. Successful candidates will be required to provide a police clearance from their country of residence.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.