Science Teacher - KS4 Science Lead (all specialisms)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated teacher to develop their career within our passionate and ever courageous community
We are a courageous, compassionate community - empowering excellence. We are a value lead organisation, being bold within every aspect of our lives at school.
We want all staff to thrive and model leadership and determination to the students and pupils within our rich and diverse community. We opened in 2012 with the vision to create a centre of excellence in the community.
We empower our teams by valuing the individual and personal development. This is through weekly CPD sessions, frequent line management meetings and allowing staff to have their voice and develop their own ideas and projects. Our staff’s wellbeing is key to creating a friendly supportive community within the school. Guided by our internal wellbeing committee we have a wide range of initiatives designed to improve the motivation and lives of our staff.
Reports to: Head of Science
Start date: April 2021 or September 2021
Salary: AM1-6 (£31,242 –£42,520) TLR21 £2,796 – For Lead Position
Closing Date: 2nd February 2021 9am
All positions are subject to rigorous and stringent safeguarding and reference checks. This includes enhanced DBS checks and safer recruiting vetting checks.
• To establish, develop and Lead the departments key stage 4 provision within Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
• Teach either Chemistry, Physics or Biology up to KS5 and show a passion for the subject which is evident in your day to day classroom practice.
• Have a track record of raising pupil attainment in Science.
• To ensure the designed curriculum challenges, engages and inspires pupils.
• Deliver and develop strong teaching and learning practices within the key stage.
• Manage and interpret the results and action necessary improvements or adaptations.
• Plan enrichments and trips to increase pupil engagement.
School ethos and culture
• Bolingbroke Academy’s has an ethos of high expectations, courage and compassion, we want staff to act as a role model for these practices.
• Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its pupils can achieve.
• All staff should be proactive in the social, emotional and academic wellbeing of students.
• We value difference and embrace the individual.
• Have a passion to learn and develop your practice through regular CPD and feedback.
• Be committed to the values of Inclusion and diversity.
• The ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of students and pupils.
• The ability to question and challenge the status quo and find new and progressive solutions to existing systems.
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Although we are privileged and proud to be part of the wider Ark network with the ethos and benefits that come with it we have our own culture and values that is at the heart of all that we do.
We are a courageous, compassio...