Aurora is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities. We are currently looking for a Science Teacher to join our dynamic team at our Independent Specialist College in Dorset.
Aurora Boveridge College is located in a fabulous setting of a Grade 2 listed building and extends into the extensive grounds that are recognised as an ‘area of outstanding natural beauty’. Our team say they work at Boveridge first and foremost because they want to make a difference to others – but they also appreciate their wonderful work environment http://www.ccwwdaonb.org.uk/news/106/39/LOST-JEKYLL-MAWSON-GARDEN-WITHIN-AONB-UNDERGOES-RESTORATION/.
The college was opened in September 2017 after a redevelopment of this historic site which now provides a contemporary specialist learning and living environment for young people aged 16-25 with Autistic Spectrum Conditions, Asperger’s Syndrome, anxiety and mental health conditions, resulting in communication and social difficulties that impact their lives. The focus is on increasing academic and vocational qualifications and knowledge, whilst achieving independent living skills that will equip young people for the next stage in their lives, be that further education, training or work.
Aurora Boveridge College is growing apace and the passionate and committed team are looking for like-minded people come and join them in developing it as an outstanding provision.
The Teacher / Lecturer will be responsible for high quality teaching and learning of Science to students, having responsibilty for their progress, welfare and outcomes. You will supervise the work of any support staff who are assigned to work with students, and have an up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teachers and the statutory framework within which teachers work. You will take responsibility for implementing college policies and practice, including those relating to safeguarding and equality of opportunity, be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and be able to remain calm and reflective when working in a challenging environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Provide leadership across the college in a designated subject or curriculum area, this to include:
· Deliver a dynamic programme of Science subject
· monitoring quality and standards
· contributing to college planning and self-evaluation
· providing professional support to other teachers and support staff
· advising the Vice Principal on appropriate resources and materials
· leading appropriate professional development
- PGCE / CertEd or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training.
- Experience of working in a post-16 college environment
· Experience of successfully delivering a differentiated currilcum to students with a wide range of needs
· Knowledge and experience of supporting age range and of students with ASD and associated complex needs
· Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and/or DOLs procedures
· Experience of a range of approaches to managing and de-escalating challenging behaviours
Be part of our successful team and benefit from a generous package that includes:
- Training and Development
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- High street discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid holiday
· Free onsite parking
For more information or to receive a Job Description, please call Hayley Hillier on 01725 551247 or email Boveridgejobs@the-aurora-group.com.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care.