Date posted: Start date: 1st September 2018 (or Easter if available) Contract type: Full Time
Salary: MPS Contract term: Permanent Suitable for NQTs: Yes
Teacher of Science
Pay Scale: Main Professional Scale
London Weighting: Outer
Open to NQT Teachers
Start Date: September 2018 (or Easter if available)
Norlington School and 6th Form is a small 11-16 boy’s school with a mixed 6th form school. Over the past 5 years the school has transformed itself into one of the highest performing schools in the country and has been recognised by the Minister for State Schools on three separate occasions for student achievement. Norlington was judged to be a 'good school' by Ofsted 2013 where;
• 'Students make excellent progress in Mathematics and Science.'
• 'Students behave well in lessons and around the school. They enjoy coming to school.'
• '..Leaders have a relentless drive for continuous improvement'
The school has an exceptional CPD programme, including dedicated curriculum development time, and is committed to developing all staff as it continues its journey to becoming ‘Outstanding’ and a world class school. We also have a designated member of staff that looks after the NQT's.
The successful candidate will contribute to the continued development of the well-led Science department. The department regularly delivers GCSE results on average a grade or more above nationally expected. We are looking for someone who is creative, innovative and open to new ideas to help drive the department forward to success.
The Science department delivers A level courses in the 6th Form and there will be opportunities to deliver at KS5 for qualified candidates. The exact science specialism is The Science department has enjoyed outstanding results at GCSE Science (including double and triple award) which was recognised by our most recent Ofsted inspection.
We require from September 2018 (or Easter if available)
• A committed and dynamic teacher of Science with a 'can do' attitude.
• Someone who demonstrates high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the students can achieve.
• An innovative practitioner who is creative in their delivery of the KS3, 4 and 5 curriculum
• A teacher with the potential to develop into an Outstanding Teacher who can support the achievements of the Science department.
Posts will be subject to a Prohibition check for all roles involved with the management of pupils. Norlington School and 6th Form is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure. A recruitment pack and application form is available on the TES, school’s website: www.norlington.net , Our school/Vacancies link. Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 25th January 2018
Interviews scheduled for: Week-commencing Monday 29th January 2018