Smart Teachers is recruiting for an enthusiastic Science Teacher to join a large secondary special needs school in Hillingdon. This special needs school caters for pupils from age 11 to 19 with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and other complex needs. The school is well resourced and has a strong therapy team to support the students. The successful Science Teacher will need to have a background in Science and will have previous experience working with pupils with special needs. The Science Teacher does not need to have a teaching degree, but must have a strong knowledge of Science. For those who are qualified, there is potential for a Science and Technology Lead Teacher role. The school will consider both primary and secondary teachers, as well as teaching assistants with a science degree or relevant scientific experience. The role is to start ASAP with a potential for a permanent contract for the right candidate.
About the Role
• Science Teacher
• Teaching Science across the board to pupils in KS3-KS5
• Opportunity for a Science and Technology Lead Teacher role
• Must be able to teach using an integrated approach (visual, auditory, kinaesthetic)
• Knowledge of communication techniques (i.e. PECS, Singalong, etc.)
• Role is to commence ASAP with the possibility of a permanent role for the right candidate
• Daily rate starting from £130 dependent on experience
About the School
• Large special needs school in Hillingdon
• Ofsted rated ‘Good’
• Caters for pupils with autism and other complex needs
• Small class sizes of 8-10 pupils with 1-2 teaching assistants in each class
• Supportive leadership team
• Continued professional development courses
• Good facilities
• Parking available or short bus ride from underground (Metropolitan Line)
In order to be considered for this role, the Science Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVC5840ST
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.