Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Science teacher to work within a large secondary school in the London Borough of Wandsworth. This is a full time teaching position, and the successful Science teacher will be on a temporary contract until the end of the academic year. This is to teach Chemistry and Physics to KS3 and KS4. The hours of the school are 8:15am to 4pm.. This position will start after the February half term.
About the Role
• Science teacher
• Working across KS3 and KS4
• Teaching Chemistry and Physics
• Cover starting in February 2020, until the end of the academic year
• Hours are 8.15am to 4pm, from Monday to Friday
• Pay starts at £140 per day, and is dependent upon experience
• Required to plan lessons, mark books and attend parents’ evenings, meetings and trips
About the School
• All girls secondary mainstream school located in the London Borough of Wandsworth
• Rated by Ofsted as Good, this is a large secondary school commutable from South West London
• Large modern and recently refurbished buildings
• Spacious classrooms and bright communal areas
• The school is located in Zone 3, and is accessible via overground and underground tube stations
In order to be considered for this role, the Science teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD30217ST
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.