Runnymede College is a private non-denominational British school in Madrid offering a British education to boys and girls of all nationalities from the age of three to eighteen. The education offered follows the British National Curriculum.
Founded as a private school in September 1967, the primary school was inaugurated in 1987, and since 1990, the whole School has been situated in La Moraleja, a residential estate 13 km to the north of Madrid.
The school is looking to recruit an outstanding Science teacher to join our senior school team for September 2017.
Runnymede College is looking to recruit a motivated teacher who:
- has excellent subject knowledge
- has outstanding classroom management
- experience of teaching GCSE/ IGCSE Chemistry, Biology or Physics
- has the ability to teach Middle School Maths
- be capable of teaching all three Science subjects to years 7 to 9
- delivers engaging and well-planned lessons
The highly successful Science department has six members of staff. The teacher will teach 32/33, 40-minute periods per week.
Applicants should have:
- a good honours degree from a British University
- a PGCE or equivalent
- recent teaching experience in a British school
- must be a fluent English speaker but no knowledge of Spanish is required
- working knowledge of common software
- possess valid references, DBS check
Applications should be accompanied by a CV, with a recent photograph if possible and names, (including telephone numbers) and email addresses of two referees. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final date for applications- Monday 7 August
Early applications would be appreciated
Runnymede is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring service.