Runnymede College is a private non-denominational British school in Madrid offering a British education to boys and girls of all nationalities from the age of three to eighteen. The education offered follows the British National Curriculum.
Founded as a private school in September 1967, the primary school was inaugurated in 1987, and since 1990, the whole School has been situated in La Moraleja, a residential estate 13 km to the north of Madrid.
The school is looking to recruit an outstanding Science teacher to join our senior school team in September 2018.
Runnymede College is looking to recruit a motivated teacher who:
- has excellent subject knowledge
- has outstanding classroom management
- has the ability to teach Key Stage 3 Science and all three Sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) up to IGCSE level. We would prefer a Chemistry specialist.
- delivers engaging and well-planned lessons
The highly successful Science department has six members of staff. The Science teacher will teach 32, 40-minute periods per week.
The successful applicant will have:
- a good honours degree from a British University
- a PGCE or equivalent
- recent experience as a teacher in a school in the UK
- previous experience of an international school is preferable but not essential
- a fluent English speaker but no knowledge of Spanish is required
- working knowledge of common software
- valid references
- DBS check.
Applications should be accompanied by a CV, with a recent photograph if possible and names, (including telephone numbers) and email addresses of two referees. Email applications to email@example.com.
Final date for applications- Sunday 20th May 2018
Runnymede is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring service.