Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Science Teacher to work in an ‘Outstanding’ independent special school that caters for children with Speech & Language needs. This is a full time contract to cover maternity leave for 6 to 12 months from September 2019. This ‘Outstanding’ special needs school is located in the SW area of London, and is accessible via car and public transport. There is parking available on site, and the closest station is a few minutes’ walk from the school. The Science Teacher will teach class sizes of up to 9 students, and will have ample support within the classroom.
About the Role
• Science Teacher
• Teaching Science to students in KS3 and KS4
• Maternity cover for 6 to 12 months
• Salary from £27000
• Full time role commencing in September 2019. The hours at this school are 8.30am to 5.00pm.
• Small class sizes of up to 9 students, with support provided within each classroom.
About the School
• The school is located on the outskirts of SW London in the London Borough of Merton, in zone 4. Easily accessible by public transport, and parking available on site.
• Teaching Science within an ‘Outstanding’ independent special needs school that caters for children with Speech and Language difficulties
• Other special needs are common place within this school, and the behaviour is reasonably good and well managed
• This school has excellent facilities, including a large outside space for the children and recently refurbished Science and Home Economics rooms
• A total of 240 children attend this school, aged from Early Years up to Post 16
In order to be considered for this role, the Science Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent curriculum
• NQTs and/or Overseas-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number #LXD537894
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.