At the newly Cambridge accredited Academia Internacional San Miguel de Allende, we encourage students to learn and acquire knowledge through an international perspective. When they leave us, our students should be self-reflective, independent, compassionate world citizens – and more. With over 200 students enrolled and 40 staff, AISMA embraces and encourages strong character, academic rigor, and creativity.
AISMA is looking to appoint a highly motivated, positive, and conscientious person to teach English in the secondary school immediately. At the Academia, students are well-behaved and keen to do well. We wish to appoint a teacher with excellent curriculum knowledge and someone who consistently models excellent practice and has students' progress at the forefront of their teaching. Candidates should hold a relevant degree, preferably a teaching qualification and be able to teach their subject to IGCSE and A Level. Candidates should also be prepared to participate fully in the academic and extra-curricular life of the school.
- Induction programme
- Professional development with progression
- Performance management structure
- The full support of the Director, the Principal, and colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Airfare ticket at the beginning and end of contract (2-year contract)
- Settling in allowance
- Medical coverage
- Severance pay at the end of contract
- A fantastic social life and loads more
- The Academia Internacional de San Miguel de Allende is a successful and recently Cambridge accredited school located in Central Mexico
- San Miguel is a proclaimed World Heritage Site attracting thousands of tourists and new residents from abroad every year.
- We recently invested more than 4 million MXN to improve the small campus and facility improvements are on-going
You will have proven experience in:
- Evaluating and developing the quality of teaching and learning
- Enthusing and motivating students
- Teaching up to at least GCSE level and to A Level would be preferential
We are looking for a colleague who:
- Is efficient, adaptable, personable, resourceful, and shares the vision of excellence within the Academia
- Is looking for an exciting opportunity to live and work in Mexico in order to drive their personal career and experiences forward and share and develop new ideas
Applications should be addressed to Dra. Laura Montes, Director and emailed as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:1) A covering letter, including salary expectation, 2) a CV of no more than two pages, 3) a list of contact details for three professional referees -- one reference in a supervisory role from their most recent position. The post will remain open until filled.
Information about AISMA can be found at http://www.academysanmiguel.org/welcome.php
Academia Internacional de San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Stirling Dickinson #2
Colonia. San Antonio
37700 San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato
AISMA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and a criminal record check.