We are seeking an excellent full-time permanent classroom practitioner to join our Science Faculty in late January 2018.
As a school, we are committed to increasing the number of students who go on to degree-level study. Our school has gone through a period of significant improvement in the past 4 years and we are looking for a dedicated teacher who will continue the good work and build on our students’ successes.
Otahuhu College is a Y9–13 school in Auckland serving a largely Pacific Island and Maori population. Our students in many cases come from first or second-generation new families who moved to New Zealand for a better life and for better opportunities for their children.
The science position is for General science with a specialisation in either Chemistry or Physics. Otahuhu College has nine brand new science labs completed in 2016 so we provide excellent teaching facilities as well as a strong well-run department. The faculty is well resourced with practical equipment and ably supported by our technicians.
Extra-curricular activities play a big part of the College and teachers new to New Zealand benefit greatly from getting involved in the many sporting and cultural activities Otahuhu College offers.
Extra-curricular activities play a big part in school life and teachers new to New Zealand benefit greatly from getting involved in the many sporting and cultural activities Otahuhu College offers.
We are looking for teachers with:
- Evidence of excellent classroom practice
- A track record of successful student outcomes at KS4 and ideally A Level
- High expectations of student attainment and behaviour
- The willingness to go the extra distance for our students and their families
- An established and comprehensive induction programme
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management
- excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
- An International relocation grant
Applications are encouraged from ‘Teach First’ programme graduates, as well from PGCE / B.Ed qualified colleagues. We have an excellent record developing teachers in both practise and leadership.
To make application please forward a CV and brief cover letter to the Manager Oasis Education Ltd at email@example.com