Owing to an increased school roll as a popular school, we are looking to recruit a teacher of Science for September 2019. This post carries an additional allowance, for the right candidate, and would be ideal for someone looking for a professional development opportunity.
Our successful candidate will be:
- Thoroughly committed to enabling all students to reach their potential
- A creative and forward-thinking teacher who places high value on their own professional development in order to improve continuously as a practitioner
- Motivated, resilient and flexible
- A team player
- Committed to achieving a work/life balance and maintaining their own interests outside of teaching
We will offer our successful candidate a school which:
- Exists to serve its students and both support and challenge its staff
- Focuses relentlessly on improving teaching and learning in order to raise standards
- Enjoys positive relationships between staff and students
- Knows every individual student well because of its size
- Is on an upward trajectory and excited about its future
In March 2015, Ofsted graded the school good with outstanding features. We believe that our Ofsted report describes our school accurately and are pleased with the comments in it including:
- The headteacher provides outstanding leadership
- The headteacher, leadership team and other senior leaders set very high expectations for the school. They have established an ethos that encourages and supports good behaviour, attitudes and learning
- Students’ attitudes to learning are very positive. They have particularly warm relationships with teachers that help them make good progress in lessons
This is a successful Science department, consistently attaining results above the national average. The department is fully resourced and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic, supportive and forward thinking team.
Icknield Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff must have a full DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Enhanced Certificate before commencing employment which the school will process on appointment.
Applications close at 9.00am on Monday 20 May 2019 – 9am
Interviews will take place on Thursday 23 May 2019
Please email completed applications to Gill Ward, PA to Headteacher – firstname.lastname@example.org