The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
1. Hold a Masters Degree and a qualification in teaching Science (with Physics/Computer Science/Chemistry specialism).
2. A passion for interdisciplinary Science education
3. A passion for robotics, coding and mechanical engineering
4. Experience teaching Chemistry
5. Vast experience in classroom teaching
6. Teach with a love of children and a keen sense of the challenges of our world and its need
7. Possess a deep reservoir of pedagogies and assessment practices, especially for the middle years
8. Proven experience designing and implementing innovative curricula and assessments
9. Experience in Wellbeing Education and Inquiry-Based Project Education approaches
10. Superior written and oral communication skills in both English
11. An understanding of the challenges and importance of interdisciplinary learning
12. Enthusiasm, curiosity, and creativity
13. A qualification to teach a second subject (would be advantageous).
14. The characteristics that thrive in a demanding culture of intellectual inquiry and continuous professional development
CIS Hangzhou seeks dynamic and collaborative teachers who have the ability and desire to work in a dual-language environment. CIS Hangzhou is a boarding programme for Year 10 students.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive professional development. CIS faculty are sought not only for their subject-specific expertise, but also for their dedication to teaching, their diverse talents and interests and their ability to support co-curricular activities.
Please click the Apply button below to submit and application