Situated in the City of Plymouth with a beautiful coastline and Dartmoor National Park on our doorstep, Sir John Hunt is able to provide its pupils with excellent opportunities to support their learning. Our expectations, standards and outcomes for students are exceptional. If you have the same high expectations of yourself and others, we would love to hear from you.
What we are looking for:
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated and enthusiastic Teacher of Science. This post will be suited to both experienced teachers and newly qualified entrants to the profession. The opportunity to teach to GCSE and Science at post-16 is available for suitably experienced applicants.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a passion for teaching Science
- Have the ability to inspire a love and curiosity of Science
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
- An established and comprehensive induction program
- A strong commitment to your professional development, excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
- Access to the IChoose staff benefit scheme
- Potential Teaching & Learning Responsibilities to the appropriately qualified applicant
Applicants are encouraged to contact the college if they feel they would benefit from an informal discussion.
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 25th February 2019
An application form and further details can be found on the College website. www.sjhcsc.co.uk
SJH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all candidates are expected to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.