Science (Biology) Teacher
Contract Term: Renewable annually starting August 1st 2017
The International School of Moscow seeks a well-qualified and experienced teacher of Science.
The successful candidate will be able to teach Science to Key Stage 3 students and Biology to A Level standard. He / she should possess a dynamic and creative approach to teaching, have the necessary skills and vision to enhance teaching and learning within the department and demonstrate a commitment to incorporating ICT into lessons. She / He will join an existing team of high quality specialists in the development of our Secondary School Science curriculum.
The position is initially to cover a maternity leave. However, due to our school’s continued expansion, a long-term contract will be offered to a suitable candidate.
Candidates should possess a commitment to helping students to achieve their absolute best as part of a team and a willingness to contribute to the busy extra-curricular life of our school.
All of our teachers enjoy small-class sizes, with a maximum of 22 students. We are an Apple Mac-orientated school and utilise Promethean IWBs throughout our classes. Our intention is to integrate mobile technology into all classrooms. All candidates should be confident and enthusiastic users of ICT.
If the opportunity to work in a thriving school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, we look forward to your application.
We are seeking a professional who:
- Is UK-trained or has relevant UK curriculum experience.
- Enjoys a professionally-stimulating environment.
- Can promote a well organized and stimulating learning environment.
- Can offer enthusiasm and demonstrate a positive approach to students.
- Is committed to constant improvement of an already vibrant curriculum.
- Has good interpersonal skills and works well in teams.
- Possesses excellent IT skills an interest in embedding ICT into daily classroom experience.
- Is reflective and seeks to develop his / her classroom practice.
- Understands the value of consistent application of school policies.
We will provide:
- An excellent salary and retention bonus.
- High-standard accommodation with an option of housing allowance (if preferred) in subsequent years.
- Annual travel allowance.
- International worldwide medical cover
- Two full school scholarships covering tuition costs of children attending ISM
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development.
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
- Opportunities for promotion and development within the British Schools Foundation.
Closing date: Sunday 4th December 2016
Interviews will take place in during the week beginning Monday December 5th.
Applications should be submitted via our online application form which can be found at: https://internationalschool.ru/international-school-moscow/staff/employment-application
We follow a strict safe recruitment policy and all interviewees will be required to produce appropriate degree certificates and DBS checks.
Employer website: www.internationalschool.ru
Also see video links:
ISM was inspected by the Independent School Inspectorate in October 2013 and was recognised as an excellent school in all aspects.
Please read the full report on our website.
BSF schools are committed to achieving the highest possible standards in Child Protection and Safe Recruitment and take all necessary measures to achieve this objective.