Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
£95 – £202.08 PER DAY
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are Qualified Teacher Status and experience of teaching in Secondary Schools.
January 2022 – July 2022
Vision for Education is currently recruiting on behalf of an 11-18 Secondary Academy in Sheffield to appoint a Teacher of Science for a long-term cover from January 2022 through to the end of the Academic Year. This will be a full time role teaching Science mainly across Key Stage 3 with some lower KS4, however if you can offer a subject at KS5 this can be utilised. Scheme of work is already in place, however all planning and marking and assessment responsibilities would be required, as expected by a permanent member of staff.
The position will be full time long term covering a recruitment need for the school for the remainder of the academic year from January 2022. The school support students across KS3 – KS5, a KS5 offering would be preferred, however the school are happy to consider GCSE specialists if the right person can be found. The school is a forward thinking, collaborative academy on the outskirts of Sheffield who celebrate progress and positive behaviour and is an all round general lovely place to teach and learn.
To be considered for the position of Science Teacher, you will:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
• Have experience teaching in Secondary schools, ideally up to GCSE level.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Subject specialists.
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country to support schools and staff locally across the UK.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Science Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Sheffield team on 0114 243 5555.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.