Bloomsbury International School Hat Yai is seeking an inspirational and passionate teacher of Science for January or April 2017. We are a young and ambitious school with a ‘can-do’ attitude and are looking for a teacher who can bring a love of science and enthusiasm to the classroom, develop enquiring minds and inspire our students to achieve the best results possible. The successful candidate would be expected to teach in Key Stages 3 and 4 initially.
We currently follow the Cambridge Secondary Science curriculum with Checkpoint examinations at the end of Year 9 and Coordinated Science at IGCSE. We will be offering A level courses from 2018, so experience of teaching up to A level would be an advantage. Our Science laboratory/classroom is well resourced but we expect you to grow the department. You will be joining a fantastic, committed team of teachers who work well together and love working with our students.
The successful candidate will also bring something interesting to our extra curricular activities programme and support the language development of our learners.
Bloomsbury International School Hat Yai is one of the newest international schools in Thailand but is growing in size and reputation. The school follows, but is not constrained by, the English National Curriculum, adapted for our international context, from EYFS through to IGCSE.
We are an accredited examination centre for Cambridge International Examinations and hope to become a member of the Council of International Schools this year.
Before you apply, please look at our website and Facebook page. The salary and benefits package is very competitive given the low cost of living here, and our current staff have a comfortable lifestyle in a safe, friendly city. More information is available on our website.
The successful candidate should:
- Hold a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (e.g. a PGCE); or a Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent.
- Be confident in the use of technology, both in teaching and in administration.
- Be able to engage, motivate and support students.
- Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Be a positive, cooperative and enthusiastic member of the staff.
- Be willing to fully involve themselves in the extra-curricular life of the school.
- Be a fluent English speaker.
- pedagogical leader of the science department at Bloomsbury
- responsible for the development and management of the science curriculum.
- keep up to date with developments and publications in the subject
- promote the work of the science department regularly through the school website, publications and newsletters.
- To produce and manage a budget for the science department.
- To ensure equipment in the science department is maintained and replaced where necessary.
Bloomsbury International School Hat Yai is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to provide an International Child Protection Certificate if UK based, or the equivalent if overseas, as well as reference checks from previous employers. Any offer of appointment will be subject to the above checks being completed successfully.
Please apply by submitting a covering letter, and CV with details of two referees to the Headteacher, Martin Leigh at:
Closing date for applications is 13th December 2016, but we reserve the right to appoint before then if an outstanding candidate comes forward