Are you a motivated and ambitious Science teacher looking to work in an Outstanding department? Would like to join a school community which values the development of its teachers and invests heavily in CPD? Whether you’re an NQT or a more experienced teacher, our Science department is an excellent place to develop your career or build towards a leadership role. Additional paid responsibility may also be available for the right candidate.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- a very successful department in terms of exam results and uptake at A Level;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the Science department and Kennet School please view the attachments at the bottom of this advert labelled :
‘What we believe – Letter from the Headteacher’
‘Kennet School Benefits – Letter to applicants’
‘A Letter from the Head of Science’
We would like you to be:
- able to teach Science at KS3 and KS4 with a specialism in Physics an advantage;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (email@example.com ).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Tuesday, 21 May 2019 and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: Wednesday 22 May 2019.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.